Monday, February 19, 2007

BOMB SCARE

So I came close to bombing last night (well I consider it a bomb, but my wife insists, "They were laughing!")

After my third joke, my brain went completely blank. I don't know if it was the brightness of the lights or the fact that the females in the audience had a negative reaction to my first three jokes (It might be a good idea to work up to the X-rated stuff) but I had nothing to say.

So I had a decision to make: do I start mumbling incoherently or walk off the stage. I chose the mumbling route and gradually got back on track, but it was rough going. Some of my punchlines came out all wrong (I could not for the life of me summon the words Chinese Dictionary). But I managed to squeeze a few laughs out of the audience before the Emcee flashed his cell phone at me.

Is it time to end this little experiment: nope I have to go on tomorrow night! Maybe I can convince the club owner to turn the lights down for my set.

No comments: